Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back in the Game

I logged into Diablo 3 today for the first time in about two weeks. After patch 1.04 I didn't have a whole lot of incentive to keep playing the game, even though I had finally sold an item for 34 million gold and had a little currency to play with...basically I was burned out and disappointed with the game. I didn't see the fun/challenge in playing the game anymore and I honestly was just waiting for Guild Wars 2 to come out so I could spend some of my free time playing with my buddies. 

Then I realized that I was missing out on making extra money toward things that I want to do in my life like get ahead on bills, help pay down my student loan debt and my car loan, and take my girlfriend out to a nice dinner on occasion. When I logged back in today, I spent a few minutes looking up the "new" legendary and set items and seeing if I could spot any trends. I immediately picked a couple items and used my bidding strategy to invest some of my gold in trying to pick up some cheap set items to flip. I also picked up a few items to throw up on the RMAH. I'm going to do my best to rededicate myself to spending at least half an hour a day on the auction houses in Diablo 3 and try to make a few bucks each day. 

An extra $4 a day doesn't sound like much, but an extra $120 a month is halfway to my car payment. I also updated my goal bar on the side of this blog. I'm up around $100 profit from Diablo 3, which isn't all that spectacular but I think now that I have a little bankroll I will be able to consistently make a few dollars a day.

Good luck everyone and make sure to check out Markco's guide. He's keeping it very up to date and his people are STILL make hundreds of dollars playing Diablo 3.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you're back playing the game again! I'm still having fun doing various things as well. Mostly I'm just trying to level up every character class to level 60 so that by the time PvP is released, I'll be ready. I use Markco's guide as well. It's helped me make quite a bit of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings and good blog you have here. Refreshing to see a dedicated blog to trading. I'm a longtime trader from Eve Online and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do in Diablo. While the market in Diablo is very primative compared to Eve, there are similarities and many skills do translate over between the games. While keeping track of trades with a simple spreadsheet, the first four days of trading is bringing in 500k per day profit trading mainly nightmare level items.

    All in all, it's a good game with a fun market to play around with for extra income.

    Looking forward to reading future posts mate, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete