Thursday, May 3, 2012

About Me

I am the definition of a "casual" gamer. I work two jobs (three if you include my blogs and other writing activities) and spend a lot of time with friends and with my wonderful girlfriend. I'm 25 years old and working in the nonprofit sector, meaning that my 2nd (and 3rd) job is a requirement to pay the bills that include some steep payments on my student loans. Long gone are the days of hardcore raiding in World of Warcraft or spending hours at a time pwning kids in Halo or Call of Duty. Even if I had the time to spend playing WoW, the game has lost its appeal to me and I would much rather spend a few hours grabbing a drink with friends or reading a good book. 

Now, that's not to say that my excitement for Diablo 3 is not an eight on the "geek out" scale. In 2000, when Diablo 2 came out, I was 13 years old and just getting into the world of RPGs and MMOs. I didn't even pick up Diablo 2 for a few years after it came out (when I was probably 15 or 16), but when I did I was hooked. Diablo 2 led to Ultima Online, which eventually led to World of Warcraft. Back in those days, when I had the time to devote to such endeavors, I became a semi-hardcore gamer. A few years later, I dove in head first and did the hardcore raiding thing in WoW throughout most of college and enjoyed being part of a leading progression guild on my server. I played a DPS warrior named Azezal and participated in everything from achievement farming to pet collecting on the side. I mastered the Jewelcrafting market on the AH and made hundreds of thousands of gold on the AH buying uncut gems, cutting them, and re-listing for a profit. I plan on looking into the similar gem market in Diablo 3 to make piles of gold, which I plan to convert to real money. 

This blog is meant to be entertaining and informative. I plan to turn my experience playing Diablo 3 into job number four and spend between 7 and 10 hours a week playing the game with the goal of making a real side income from the Real Money Auction House. I will be documenting my progress here on this blog and will share the strategies that even a casual gamer can apply to this game to make some real money. Like any other money making undertaking, you have to earn every penny. Diablo 3 will be no different. I do not plan on making thousands of dollars by playing the game a few hours a week, but I do plan to use the game to supplement my income while stepping back into the gaming world. Here are the first set of monetary goals that I will be working towards accomplishing (call them real life achievements). 

Make $100

Make $500 

Make $1,000 

Thank you for reading and if you want to follow my progress (once Diablo 3 goes live), you can follow me on Twitter or sign up for e-mail updates here.

No comments:

Post a Comment