Sunday, May 27, 2012

Post Vacation Leveling

Well, as much as I would have loved to play Diablo 3 all day, every day on my vacation, I decided to do things like chill at the beach, go to baseball games, and enjoy the company of good friends while I had some time off before starting my new job next week.  I'm going to be a bit behind most of the people who are trying to make money playing Diablo 3, but I never planned to be leading the pack.  I am a casual player and am planning on making a casual income from killing monsters in Diablo 3.  

Since the Real Money Auction House hasn't gone live yet, I've focused on leveling my Barbarian whenever I have had a chance to play.  This morning I played for a few hours and just dinged level 24.  I've spent a little more gold than I originally planned on, but I have gotten some great deals on the Gold Auction House and have some decent gear to level with.  Right now I'm focusing on getting as much +exp gear as possible so that I can quickly climb up the ladder in levels.  For those of you playing a Barb, here is a link to my current build.


Basically, I'm focusing on killing as many mobs as fast as possible.  I've found the Ground Stomp with Wrenching Smash to be an awesome skill when combined with Cleave and Rupture.  My Barb draws all of the mobs in close, stuns then, takes a swing or two, then they all blow up and do more damage to the surrounding mobs.  It makes for quick and easy kills, which is what I'm going for when leveling.  

Another quick tip that I've found that a lot of players over look is the use of a follower.  I use the Templar and spec'ed him to heal me and to intervene if my health is getting low.  He doesn't do as much damage as the other two followers but I've found his skills to be very useful.  I picked up a cheap sword and shield for him on the GAH, which make him very useful and viable.

With the GAH commodities being down, I think the best advice for anyone working on making money playing Diablo 3 is to level as much as possible.  Invest in your character and get him/her to max level so that you can take advantage of the entire game.

I'm heading back into the game to see how much I can finish up today.  I'm starting a new job on Tuesday and I won't have much time to play, but I will try to keep up with what is going on through Marcko's Gold Forum.  If you haven't purchased his gold guide and forum access yet, I highly suggest you check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment