Friday, July 20, 2012

Gold Find Set

As I've said many times on this blog, there are countless ways of making money in Diablo 3.  For casual players like me, playing the auction house is the most efficient way to use time in the game to make a profit.  An hour a day can turn into millions of gold, which can turn into cash money.

However, as a gamer I also enjoy spending a little time actually playing the game and swinging a badass two handed axe like a giant baseball bat.

I decided to invest in another strategy for making gold that I read about in Markco's Gold Guide.  He suggested a farming run in Hell for players that do not quite have the gear to effectively farm Inferno Act 1.  The probability of finding an item that's really worth selling on either AH in Act III of Hell are slim to none, but with a decent gold find set you can make upwards of 400K per hour killing everything you can find.

The first step was to pick up a high DPS weapon.  I spent about half a million gold on a two hander with close to 1200 DPS.  The important thing is to be able to pretty much one shot as many mobs as possible, which my two hander does nicely in Hell Act III.

Then it was time to start combing the AH for Gold Find Gear.  I went slot by slot and looked at prices for the max gold find (which are extremely high) and then knocked off one or two percentage points from my search and picked up deals that had high Strength (for my Barb) and high gold find.  I'm not concerned about vitality or resist all at this point, I just need to kill fast.

For a few million, I outfitted my Barbarian is Gold Find gear that was not perfect, but pretty close.  Unbuffed, I have 289% GF and 364% with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor.

GF Without any stacks of Nephalem Valor

GF With 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor
I also equipped my follower (Templar) with gold find gear.  You get a bonus to your gold and magic find from your follower, so if you put together a GF or MF set, make sure you don't forget your follower.  Templars are the best because they can equip a shield, which gives you an extra GF/MF slot.

Here's the build I use normally when farming Act III Hell for gold. 

Now that I have a gold farming set, whenever I have some extra time to play the game I can throw on this gear and run around Act III Hell and kill everything I see.  I've had mobs drop as much as 2,000 gold.  On average, white mobs will drop 200-500 gold a piece. 


Seeing huge amounts of gold drop from mobs is a lot of fun.  It's not the most efficient way to make money playing Diablo 3 and you won't get rich doing it, but it's extremely consistent.  I invest a lot of my capital on bidding on items and I only win about 15% of the items I bid on...which means I tie a lot of gold up in bids.  When my gold balance gets low, farming for gold like a Chinese Gold Farmer is a way for me to spend any extra time I have playing the game and still be helping my bottom line.

Thanks for reading and be on the lookout for a video of one of my Gold Find runs soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment